The Easter Bunny left his extra sets of ears and flower pedals for the girls to enjoy:




And here is a not-so-great picture of the Easter dresses I slaved over for three to four weeks prior to the holiday. I'm working on getting some other's taken, so stay tuned...

Here's the family, Thad wanted me to make him a tie. I'm still working on that one...

It was definitely fun making the dresses. I'd much rather sew than scrapbook, any day!
University of Iowa Hospital Stay:
And now, she is definitely better...and up to no good....
Happily destroying any houseplant within reach:

And I even have video to prove her guilt:
The girls even got in on the mischief by making Daddy a blanket with all the dish towels. He was completely clueless.

So that sums it up for us lately. Emery has a follow-up appointment with the surgeon on April 22nd. She's a different kid now. She loves to laugh, probably twice as much, and cries only half as much as she used to. Not to mention she finally is able to relax while she eats, and I am no longer waking up in a panic when I hear her in the night. We've been so blessed, and we are SO thankful for her new found health!











8 comments:
Oh what BEAUTIFUL dresses, Erika! And I loved the video of adorable Emery going after that plant--those little jumps over to it are so cute! :)
We're so grateful Emery is doing so well! We hope the follow-up appointment goes well, too.
Bunny ears! What a great idea - I'll have to steal that for next Easter.
Those dresses (and your matching skirt) are ADORABLE! You are so stinkin' talented, girl! I want to match your girls too - they are such beautiful girls.
I'm so glad that Emery is recovering so well from her surgery. You are still my number 1 example of why moms should listen to their gut instincts. You are amazing.
Great job on the dresses, Erika!! They are adorable! :) We loved the video of Emery...hee, hee. :)
I am still in awe of how great those dresses are sewn! You are definitely a woman of many hidden talents -- although not so much now, eh? :)
I'm so glad Emery is doing better.
I liked the video of Emery, it reminded me of our kids.
I didn't even know Emery had any problems...let alone ones to warrant surgery. I am glad she is doing better. I also love the video of her and the plant...it cracked me up. All your girls are so darling too!
That video of Emery and the "Banana Plant Caper" had me laughing so hard! I love her pattern of hop, Hop, HOP, REACH!! :) Such determination!
I love the bunny ears idea too. Very fun. :)
And those dresses/your skirt? So beautiful! I just love the matching fabric, and the colors all look so nice together. Ooh! Now I think I'm going to have to beg my sister to make Lizzy & I matching dresses! ;)
Erika, I had no idea that you were going through this drama. I talked to Grandpa a few weeks ago and he mentioned it. I'm glad that things went well and that Emery is doing so much better.
Post a Comment