
Here's what our garden looks like after I harvested it. What a mess!

For a homeschool Fun Day we decided to make boats out of some of the squash from the garden and float them
on the Mississippi River.
on the Mississippi River.

Our final products. We were a bit rushed because we had an appointment to keep, otherwise we'd hoped to make them a little more extravagant.

Here we are on the river. As you can see, the girls weren't thrilled to learn we'd be letting the boats go, and not bring them back home. How'd they miss that detail? Micaela thought she'd be sitting in her boat and floating IN it down the river.

Here the US Audry and the US Micaela are waiting for launch...

This is me trying to push them out into the river a little further...
it didn't work so well.

In the end, we'd had a good time. I've learned that I have very girly girls, and I need to get their hands dirty a little more often. It was fun, if nothing else, for a break in the routine, right?
Post Script...
Here's a couple of faces I am graced with daily...



Oh, and here's a random fun picture of Thad and the girls....BYE!





5 comments:
How did your baby girl get to be so big!!! Holy Cow! She went from baby to toddler overnight! What cute girls!(mama included!)
Your girls are sooo darling! We really need to get together soon - I need to see them in person! Congrats on all the squash:)
Wow, the girls look so big! Cute pics!
So fun! That reminds me of when we used to make zucchini boats and race them at family reunions. :) Cute pics too!
Oh man! I was rocking out to your music, but it went away when I went to post a comment! :( I'll have to go back to hear the rest--I've never heard that song before. :)
That boat idea is so fun!! I want to try it with the tiny stream at our park next door. Though we may be able to catch it and do it again, since it's such a small little stream. I would have a hard time letting go of them, too. And I love that Micaela wanted to ride in it!
Post a Comment