Sunday, August 9, 2009

So, I did it...

I chopped it off.

It wasn't what I necessarily wanted to do, I've wanted long hair for a very long time. But when I went to have it done, and showed her some of the pictures I'd photoshopped, she admitted there wasn't much there to work with. So, here are some before an after shots:


Before:


(Really, the hair on my shoulder was all I had left...it had gotten so, so thin.)



Silliness in between:


And after...




So there you have it. It's a bit of an A-line cut in the back. I appreciate all your input, tips and advice. You've all been great.

My ward was also very supportive, they've really watched me go through thick and thin (no pun intended - but enjoyed). I swear, they're the nicest people alive. (You all should move to Iowa.)

13 comments:

Camille said...

I think you look fabulous! Love the new hair cut! :)

Tiffany said...

So so so cute!!! Way to be brave, I love it :)

Mom Swasey said...

Mom says: I love it too, it is really really cute. Long hair will come back to you, I know. It really does look nice.

Love ya, mom and dad

Jadesdoll said...

I think you look great! I totally understand the long hair thing. This is the longest my hair has ever been in my life, so I feel for you, and the trauma of having it cut off. But you do look good with it like that!

Ras Family said...

It looks VERY cute!

J Ellefson said...

I think you look beautiful!!!
Love, and miss you lots.

The Iowa Ross Family said...

It does look very nice,(I meant to tell you on Sunday) where did you have it cut?

Dust + Hil said...

I LOVE IT!! I miss you tons!!

Heidi said...

It's beautiful! I love the color, too. Thank you for showing us and I'm so grateful you have a wonderful ward who loves and supports you like you deserve!

GustoBones said...

Very cute hair!!! I think it looks great. And the nicest part about hair is that is grows, so if you want it long later, just a little patience is required. There are times when I miss having the long hair that I grew out there for awhile, but short do's really are so easy and great!

Cynthia said...

It looks great! It's always kinda scary to me to get a haircut! I've heard the difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is 2 weeks. But you don't need to worry. :-) I love the pun in your post, by the way-

Larissa said...

Erika,
Cute doo! Long hair is over-rated anyway. It looks really nice on you!

Babydoll said...

It looks great. I am glad you like it too.