Here are some random pics of events from the last little while. For Easter we got together with group of friends to do an egg hunt. Our awesome friends invited us over and we did the hunt in her backyard...

Audry hunting as cute as possible (I somehow talked her in to letting me put her hair back!)

Micaela was running like crazy to get the eggs as fast as humanly possible, I barely got her to hold still long enough for this pic.

Emery was having a great time, too, hoping to beat out all the littler kids.

Already on a sugar high...

For my birthday, one of my great friends here in Dubuque surprised me with some tulips and a life sized poster of...no other than Edward Cullen (holding a balloon). She's got connections at Nordstroms and thought she'd have some fun with him. Who knew R. Pattinson would be so much fun to have around? We had a great time hiding him in places in the house hoping to (and sometimes succeeding) scare the bajeebers out of each other. My first scare was after exiting the bathroom...startled from being stared down by a vampire.
We took turns hiding him in closets, outside windows, in the shower and under the covers. Audry named him "Edweird" and had a great time scaring Granny by standing behind the poster and talking.
For my birthday I also received a 6-round dartgun that just happened to be the perfect gift because Thad stole it and aimed at Edward for target practice. After seeing Thad hit Edward square in the eye and forehead, then hearing the girls cheer, I determined that any house intruder would be lucky to get out without dartgun hickies.
Oh, Edward! Be still my heart!
(Please ignore the fact that I am still in my pj's w/no makeup--Edward didn't seem to mind.)
Who should I choose? Thad or Edward? Tall dark and handsome, or mysterious and blood thirsty... choices, choices. Thad is good with a dartgun...I don't think Edward stands a chance.

I choose both...Thadward!
(For the record, Thad hates the Edward poster, unless he's dart target practicing.)
Granny and Paca came to visit and watch the girls while Thad and I went off to Olympia. (More on that later.) Here we are the first Sunday they came. Yes, I did make the girls dresses (and bracelets). I hope to take some more photos at a future time with the three of them in their dresses. They really turned out cute!
Granny and the Girls.

Paca and the Girls.

Our family with Granny and Paca.

Me and my girls.

After our trip to Olympia, WA I promised the girls I'd take them to this play place called Jumping Janes. They have been waiting for months to go, so we made a day of it. They all had a great time!
One of the play bouncy houses:

Pizza included:

I had to take a self-portrait to prove I was actually with them:

A rare moment when Micaela was holding still.

Audry was really having a blast, but ALWAYS had time to 'strike a pose'.

Emery took awhile to warm up to the idea, and wouldn't go anywhere w/out me, but after she relaxed a little she really had a great time, too.

And just to end things on a completely different topic, we inherited and fixed up this really nice lawn tractor. Thad was testing it out the other day, and Micaela convinced him into letting her drive. She was on top of the world! I think she'd thrive on a farm. She's such a busy thing.

Look honey, no hands!


Audry hunting as cute as possible (I somehow talked her in to letting me put her hair back!)

Micaela was running like crazy to get the eggs as fast as humanly possible, I barely got her to hold still long enough for this pic.

Emery was having a great time, too, hoping to beat out all the littler kids.

Already on a sugar high...

For my birthday, one of my great friends here in Dubuque surprised me with some tulips and a life sized poster of...no other than Edward Cullen (holding a balloon). She's got connections at Nordstroms and thought she'd have some fun with him. Who knew R. Pattinson would be so much fun to have around? We had a great time hiding him in places in the house hoping to (and sometimes succeeding) scare the bajeebers out of each other. My first scare was after exiting the bathroom...startled from being stared down by a vampire.
We took turns hiding him in closets, outside windows, in the shower and under the covers. Audry named him "Edweird" and had a great time scaring Granny by standing behind the poster and talking.
For my birthday I also received a 6-round dartgun that just happened to be the perfect gift because Thad stole it and aimed at Edward for target practice. After seeing Thad hit Edward square in the eye and forehead, then hearing the girls cheer, I determined that any house intruder would be lucky to get out without dartgun hickies.
Oh, Edward! Be still my heart!
(Please ignore the fact that I am still in my pj's w/no makeup--Edward didn't seem to mind.)Who should I choose? Thad or Edward? Tall dark and handsome, or mysterious and blood thirsty... choices, choices. Thad is good with a dartgun...I don't think Edward stands a chance.

I choose both...Thadward!
(For the record, Thad hates the Edward poster, unless he's dart target practicing.)Granny and Paca came to visit and watch the girls while Thad and I went off to Olympia. (More on that later.) Here we are the first Sunday they came. Yes, I did make the girls dresses (and bracelets). I hope to take some more photos at a future time with the three of them in their dresses. They really turned out cute!
Granny and the Girls.

Paca and the Girls.

Our family with Granny and Paca.

Me and my girls.

After our trip to Olympia, WA I promised the girls I'd take them to this play place called Jumping Janes. They have been waiting for months to go, so we made a day of it. They all had a great time!
One of the play bouncy houses:

Pizza included:

I had to take a self-portrait to prove I was actually with them:

A rare moment when Micaela was holding still.

Audry was really having a blast, but ALWAYS had time to 'strike a pose'.

Emery took awhile to warm up to the idea, and wouldn't go anywhere w/out me, but after she relaxed a little she really had a great time, too.

And just to end things on a completely different topic, we inherited and fixed up this really nice lawn tractor. Thad was testing it out the other day, and Micaela convinced him into letting her drive. She was on top of the world! I think she'd thrive on a farm. She's such a busy thing.

Look honey, no hands!





6 comments:
Great update! The dresses you made are adorable!
That is a great blog. Loved the new "nickname - Thadward"
Love the Easter dresses! Oh yeah...and Edweird. :)
Thanks for the update! I love hearing how you all are doing! I think Thad looks like Grandpa Neilson in that family picture with Paca! Your girls get cuter every blog post and it looks like you are all doing well.
Beautiful pics!! I love the one of you with your girls. And the Edward ones crack me up:)
LOL! I totally cracked up at all the Edward pictures--you three are so funny! :)
It looks like you're all doing fantastic--I'm so glad!!
Post a Comment