Friday, February 27, 2009

**Overachiever**

My brilliant husband is a bit of an overachiever. I accused him of being a Relief Society table decorator/hand-out maker had he been a woman. To which he responded with a roll of the eyes.

Being the "visualist" (he seez zings vizually...) he is, he is always finding a physical way to present the things he teaches. This is just one example.

This hand crafted visual represents our support system within the church and how it can work if we are good home/visiting teachers, if we fulfill our callings, and if we do our part as ward members.

I love how the 'nuts' represent us as the members. Was this an accident? I propose, it was not.

So if I am explaining this right, each of us as members of the LDS faith can be a "middle-nut", where our support system is complete, if we are faithful members, teachers, and neighbors--never waivering (those nuts don't move if the stand is bumped). BUT if we choose to be an "outer-nut" where we lack in some of these areas, we are more vulnerable to the "bumps" of life.

If this all makes no sense, it's because I'm not nearly as eloquent as my hubby.





If you think this is elaborate, you should hear his analogies!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That's awesome! I've always loved Thad's analogies and eloquent explanations of how he understands things to be.